Thursday, March 6, 2014

for your throwback thursday

a funny thing happens when i accidentally sleep with my contacts in, and then take a shower in the morning--my eyes get so bloodshot it looks like i'm either high as a kite, or got myself choked nearly to death.  fun fact.  such a morning happened when i was set to deliver these cookies to the Chicagoland Vintage Clothing, Jewelry and Textile Show & Sale at the Hemmens Cultural Center in Elgin.  so if you saw me there, looking like demon eyes, that's why.  the dresses, on the other hand, were all kinds of fab.  the director of the show wanted one of each for gifts to give out, and gave me a side hug for my efforts.  
and everyone loved them, and everyone bought them.  i was getting a text every few hours, "13 left," "4 left," etc, from the bosses until they sold out.  this is exactly what i wanted--local events that have a situation for attendees to have a snack.  and that snack is fine tuned to be part of the entertainment of being there.  you don't break for lunch and leave the dresses for a while.   you get lunch and see even more.  and i love how versatile a dress shape is.  i had to limit myself to 4 styles or i'd never finish.
coming next, little ballerina silhouettes for a big dance event.

No comments:

Post a Comment